Call for Presentations
CIM Users Group Fall Meeting
Integrating Smart Grid and Back Office Systems utilizing the CIM
November 15-18, 2011, Austin, Texas
One of the most important benefits of attending a CIM Users group (CIMug) meeting is the opportunity to network with CIM users and share experiences gained via presentation of project stories and use cases. Presentations will highlight utilities, energy companies, RTOs, and ISOs which are using the CIM standards in their enterprise integration strategies.
This year, the meeting will include over 200 attendees representing not only CIMug but also OpenSG and the IEC 61850ug. This provides a higher profile platform for presentations with the increased scale from all three users’ groups.
The CIM Users Group invites real practitioners to share their stories and use cases to enhance learning and understanding regarding the use of the CIM and thereby help promote the use of the CIM within the industry. The focus of this meeting is Integrating Smart Grid and Back Office Systems utilizing the CIM. We are looking for projects with the following characteristics:
- CIM Integration Projects (Planned, Underway or Completed) especially those related to Smart Grid applications and Back office applications
- Smart Grid Demonstration Projects utilizing the CIM
- How the CIM fits within Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Information Management that utilizes the CIM
This meeting is actively recruiting special topics on the CIM usage in Latin America.
Back office applications: Outage Management Systems, Customer Systems, Work Management Systems, SCADA Systems, etc.
Smart Grid Applications: AMI (Automated Meter Infrastructure), DVR (Dynamic Voltage Reduction), etc.
Call for Presentations
The call for presentations deadline is September 2, 2011. To have your presentation considered for the 2011 CIM Fall meeting:
- Please submit a 200-500 word abstract outlining the presentations key messages.
- Include your name, title, company, address, phone, and email address.
- Provide a short bio of the author(s) and identify the presenter(s).
Submit abstracts to: Robin Pitts at EPRI (email@example.com)
The CIM Users Group will review the submittals and will inform presenters of acceptance by September 16, 2011.
Presentation time slots are 30 minutes long. Please limit your presentations to 20 minutes to enable time for Q&A. Be certain to review the presentation policies described to the right.
User presentations will take place on Wednesday – Friday, November 16 – 18, 2011.
UCAIug is a non-profit association focused on utilities, as such, all presenters are requested to register as an attendee and pay the registration fees.
- Priority in presentation selection is given, to utilities/ISOs/RTOs. Consideration will also be given to universities and other non-profit industry organizations. ,
- Suppliers can be co-authors with utilities. Preference will be given to presentations with a utility presenter. .
- All presentations must be non-commercial with a focus on the CIM lifecycle which is deemed to be informative and helpful to other utilities considering using the CIM.
- Non-commercial thought leadership presentations from any participant will also be considered.
More information is available on the CIM User Group web site – www.cimug.org.
Robin Pitts, EPRI